Company has not supplied an info yet
Alaska Moving Companies Quotes
Moving to or from Alaska has many special considerations. Transferring your belongings from Iowa to Illinois is hardly the same as relocating from the lower 48 to the Last Frontier. Professionals in this state have a great deal of experience in the issues that surround transporting goods around the largest state in the United States. It is important to consider that relocations in Alaska will be more expensive due to the difficulty of transportation. However, there are ways that you can reduce expenses.
- First, consider what you really need with you. If you cut back on your possessions and take only what you absolutely must, you can cut thousands of dollars from your quote.
- Second, investigate your options for transporting of your belongings. Some locations in this large state are fairly bustling, such as Anchorage, while others are extremely remote. Driving your own belongings may not be an option. Having professional drivers may not even be an option. Some homes in Alaska are only accessed by air or boat. Be sure you are well-informed of the routes in and out of your home.
- Third, consider that a combination companies in Alaska and other places may be the most cost-efficient approach. For instance, using one company or driving your own belongings to a location in Washington state (such as Seattle) and then using a local company in Alaska from that point may be less expensive than using one single company for the long haul.
- Fourth, check and double check all of the paperwork you’ll need to transport your goods such a distance. You will need to keep excellent records of all of your belongings, the route they are taking, and the quotes and what they cover.
- Fifth, make sure you deal with only reputable companies in Alaska. When you seek a quote, check up on the companies of which you inquire. Watchdog organizations (like the Better Business Bureau) and professional associations can ensure that the company you work with is reputable and trustworthy.
Though certainly Anchorage and Fairbanks offer city amenities similar to those in the lower forty-eight, there are many tiny towns and very remote homesteads in this large state. Moving to Alaska can be tricky, but the opportunities and beauty of the natural surroundings is well worth the trouble.
At Reliable we focus on quality before quantity. Our devotion to quality service is unmatched. Most of our employee's are long term and have been with us for a number of years. We employ 35, full time, year-around personnel. Our diversity allows us to maintain a steady employment base. All this translates to quality service. The US Coast Guard generally selects us to handle their upper management, including every Admiral that has been assigned to Juneau. We are also the delivery/removal carrier for Xerox for all of Southeast Alaska. We have obtained Xerox Corporation's "Total Quality Management" certification, which meets and exceeds "ISO 9002" and "Baldrige National Quality Award" standards, and have also been scored and graded as Xerox Corporation's top carrier for North America and the Pacific Island for 1997 - 2007.
Established in 1914 It was 1914 during the heyday of Juneau's gold mining era when Art McKinnon opened a transfer business. It started with nothing but a wagon and two horses. He called it Reliable Transfer. In 1920 Reliable purchased its first truck, a Ford. It was at that time after already having been promoted to office manager Larry was promoted again to general manager. Dan Leaf took the place of Bill Brown as the accountant and secretary-treasurer. Four years later Larry became president and chairman of the board, Bud Lindstrom, retired, leaving Larry and Dan as the stock holders. In 1982 Reliable added a second warehouse 8717 Mallard St which is the present location. The valley warehouse became the only location in 1994 when the town office sold. At this time Larry left the company leaving only Dan. In 1986 a gentleman by the name of Leonard "Roger" Calloway began working in the warehouse, and slowly worked his way up. In 1997 Dan Leaf decided to retire and Roger took his place as sole owner.
Meet the Business Owner: Roger C.
In 1986 a gentleman by the name of Leonard "Roger" Calloway, began working in the warehouse, and slowly but surely worked his way up the chain. It was 1997 when Dan Leaf decided to retire and Roger took his place as the sole owner of Reliable Transfer.
Moving? Go U-Pack! ABF U-Pack Moving is a simple, affordable self-move solution. Specializing in long distance moving, U-Pack offers the convenience of full service movers at the cost savings of a rental truck. You pack, we drive, and you save. It's that easy.How does it work? We deliver a moving trailer or moving container to your door, where you'll have up to three business days to load. ABF U-Pack then drives your belongings to your new home, where you'll have three more days to unload. Need storage? No problem. You can safely store your items on-site at your home, or choose to stow them at one of nearly 300 secure ABF service centers nationwide. For everything from moving boxes and supplies to packing and loading help, U-Pack has it covered.
Established in 1997 Move with U-Pack and you'll rest assured knowing your belongings are being transported by ABF Freight System, Inc.--a regular on America's highways since 1923. When you consider that ABF is the only six-time winner of the American Trucking Association (ATA) President's Trophy for Safety and the only five-time winner of the ATA Excellence in Security Award, moving with ABF U-Pack becomes an easy choice!
Arctic Valley movers & transport are based Locally in Alaska utilizing only dedicated professionals to handle your belongings with the utmost care and compassion. Let us help you take the stress of moving off your shoulders. Enjoy the comfort we can provide you. Between your Job, Family, and friends moving is the last thing anyone wants to be doing. Alaska has many places to see and more than enough fun recreational things to do. Don't waste your your days packing and moving. Let us help you speed up your move so you can enjoy your new surrounding. The weather is great this year enjoy your days off.
Established in 2009 I will provide you with the service you need and at the best price to get the job done efficient and effective as possible. We know your time is valuable and we will make your experience as comfortable as possible. Our crew has Been carefully selected and are here to help you. Having The quality and professionalism of a large company and the comfort and friendliness of a small business. Our customers are happy andso will you. Move just about anything, anywhere , anytime.
Meet the Business Owner: Benjamin B.
I am a hard working young man here to make your move as easy as i can. I plan on making your move as comfortable as i can