Why Hire Professionals?
For people who want to move from one address to another, there is usually one big question that pops into their minds- “Should I hire someone or should I do it myself?” There are pros and cons to each of these options.
Some people want to try their hand at doing it themselves because they think that it will save them money. Today however, we’re going to set things straight and let you know that hiring a company is the better option. Read on to find out why.
Professionals will help you every step of the way. Hiring movers usually means that they are there to assist you with each aspect of the process. Here are some of the basic services that both local and long-distance companies offer:
- Packing – Doing tricky packing yourself can risk the safety of your possessions and yourself too, this is especially helpful with big items like furniture and appliances. Some companies will even offer to provide packing materials for free.
- Loading – It’s never easy to carry around boxes, crates and other heavy items. Their employees will take of this for you and take your items personally to their truck.
- Transport – Companies will use their resources and manpower to deliver your things to your new home. Truck, gas, toll and everything in between are all taken care of.
- Unloading – Upon arrival at your new address, movers will take your things off the truck and bring them inside your house.
- Unpacking – Remember those big appliances? Companies can unpack them for you so they won’t get damaged. They can even install them back for free (for items such as gas stoves, bath tubs, etc.)
The benefits of hiring professionals
Companies will offer you more than just a few handy services. The real value comes in what they bring to the table together with those services.
- Experience – They will provide you with experienced professionals who actually know what they are doing. They do this for a living and know how to properly pack your television, bring your bed to the truck, and even assemble your cabinets back together. Knowledge and skill ALWAYS comes handy.
- Tools and equipment – Doing it yourself will require that you use your own car or hire a truck. You will also need to stock up on packaging materials, boxes, tapes, wires, dollies, hooks and everything that the moving process requires. Professionals however, already have these!
- Speed – Time management is not easy for people who are switching residences. A company will make sure that the day stays on track on schedule.
- Accountability – Most companies will offer a high guarantee for their quality service. They will even offer you insurance should anything happen to your things during transport.
- Savings – If you mishandle or disassemble your electronics the wrong way, or if you break your furniture during loading, it will cost you A LOT of money. You also have to pay for gas, tolls, stopovers and truck rental if you do a self-move. So in reality, professionals will offer you a better bargain.
The choice is yours. Do you want to exert a lot of effort or do you want to sit back, relax and just supervise? Do you want to undergo a long, gruelling process or do you want a fast and hassle-free relocation?